On Thursday, July 25th YGR will be hosting a time trial fundraiser to support Damian Alfonso Lopez and youth cycling in Cuba. You can learn more about Damion here. The race will be the same basic format/course as the Taft Hill Time Trial Series (more info below). A minimum $10 suggested donation is requested. Donations can be made here.
How to race.
1) Register (opens Wednesday, July 24th).
3) Print/sign the wavier.
Registration and Category Information
- All ages and abilities and bikes are welcome. Grassroots time trials are great introductions to bike racing and YGR doesn't tolerate any jackassery so come race your bike in a competitive yet fun environment.
- Male and female Eddy Merckx and Aero categories.
- Registration will open here on July 24th.
- Registration is online only and closes at 4pm on race day.
- The course is a mostly flat, mostly out and back. Be sure to check the map because the finish is NOT the same as the start. 16.76 miles long.
- Course map: https://goo.gl/nXtZRl
- The start is just where Highway 287 crosses over Taft Hill Road, North of Fort Collins. We meet under the overpass. Google Maps Image: https://goo.gl/maps/bsq4boSCPFF2
- The turnaround is at the roundabout at the intersection of Taft Hill Road and Owl Canyon Road. Google Maps Image: https://goo.gl/maps/g1j4zk14rN12
- The finish is at the crest of the cement plant climb. Google Maps Image: https://goo.gl/maps/AphGHkmWjV42
- It is your responsibility to know where the start, turnaround and finish are. There will not be a volunteer at the turnaround.
- Results can be found here shortly after each race: http://bit.ly/18yhk7A
- First rider off at 5:30. Start order announced at the start line on race day.
- Waivers available online and at the start.
- YGR will provide a number or you can bring your own.
- The YGR car will be at the start and will be able to transport your belongings (lights, jackets, bottles, saddlebags etc...) from the start to the finish.
- Email info(@)yourgroupride with questions.
- Please be respectful of other road users and landowners along the course. It wouldn't take very many complaints from local residents and motorists to shut us down. A couple of the landowners near the start line are particularly unimpressed with us so it's imperative that we conduct ourselves in a positive manner. On this course especially, don't park or pee anywhere near the start line! Plenty of parking at the finish. You can also park on Cache La Poudre Drive if you must drive out https://goo.gl/maps/xiSsDMpXxzk. Please tell friends and family not to park or hangout at the start. For real, the old Marine out there doesn't like us.
- If you have an issue with a car whilst racing, I am happy to deduct a reasonable amount of time from your race to make up for it.