REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
Volunteer signups will be coming soon, so check back regularly or look for a notice in our newsletter. If you would like to be a sponsor, please contact the race director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Like pushing all out on those lung-bustin’, leg-burnin’ climbs? Like rippin’ down all those bone-jarring, white-knuckle descents? Like all of the above?
Well have we got an event for you!!! The popular Tooth or Consequences MTB Festival is getting a bit of a makeover for 2018! Pending final permit approval from local land agencies…we are looking at a great weekend of events in Lory State Park and Horsetooth Mountain Open Space the weekend of September 29-30.
Saturday, Sep 29th is Fest day to include:
- Packet pickup for racers
- Vendor expo
- Bike skills competitions – can you wheelie, track stand or bunny hop…or leave a seriously long skidmark (with your bike)? You better be there…
- Singletrack poker ride – no need to bring your poker face here, just smiles as you cruise around the Lory & Horsetooth trail system collecting your hand of cards for a few fun prizes
- Music, food and beverages
- And…be sure to bring the kids because we’ll be hosting our Fall Take-a-Kid Mountain Biking Day event as well!!!
Sunday, Sep 30th is race day to include:
- A new event consisting of 7 timed stages throughout Lory State Park & Horsetooth Mountain Open Space with un-timed transition stages
- 3 climbing stages – totaling approximately 5 miles & 2200′
- 3 descending stages – totaling approximately 6.5 miles & 3000′
- 1 ‘tweener stage in the middle – about 3.5 miles, 1300′ descent and 400’ of a couple steep punchy climbs thrown in just for fun
- 30-second start intervals for each stage
- Customary quality handmade ToC trophies
- Spots in ToC history lore
- Some serious K/QOM braggin’ rights
- And who knows, maybe a few other surprises thrown in as well…
- Field is limited to 250 racers – better sign up early!
Juniors (16 & under) Male
Juniors (16 & under) Female
Sport 17-29 Men
Sport 17-29 Women
Sport 30-49 Men
Sport 30-49 Women
Sport 50+ Men
Sport 50+ Women
Awards will be given for the top climber, top descender and top overall in each category.
Festival Planning Committee Help Needed!
We are seeking volunteers for the planning committee…great chance to help mold the event, make things happen and grow it into the future. Your ideas and bike love are needed! Help us create a fantastic event for racers and spectators, and one that also raises funds for our trail stewardship efforts throughout our community.
What help do we need? Marketing/communications team…sponsorship team…awards team…race-day team…festival-day team.
Who can you contact for more info?
Race Director – Alan Schenkel – 970-217-8095
Fest Director – Len Guldenpfennig (Guldy) – 970-670-0069
Or…send an email to TOCMTBFest@overlandmtb.org
Interested in sponsorship opportunities? Please contact us using the above for more information.
To give you a taste of what to expect, here is the new tentative course map (download PDF):