The Double Damn Dams Time Trial Series pb the Yampa Sandwich Company will take place on Thursdays Aug 1st, 8th, 22nd, and 29th (no race on the 15th). First rider off at 5:30pm. Registration will open here, on YGR, the Wednesday before each race and will close at 4pm on race day. The cost is $10.00 for most of you, $5.00 for college kids and the unemployed. Juniors race free.
What is the Double Damn Dams Time Trial Series?
The DDDTT series is a low cost, mid-week, grassroots, road time trial series that takes place in August each year. The DDDTTs are great for those planning to race cross in the fall or for those that just like to suffer like dogs. Realistically, its probably the hardest 12 mile course in the area; start at the intersection of Dixon Canyon Rd and Overland Trail, head West up Stadium Hill, head North along the dams until the speed limit sign just outside Bellvue, perform a 'U' turn at the sign, continue back across the dams and finish at the mailboxes at the top of Stadium Hill. Races cost $10.00 and are open to riders of all ages and abilities. We have male and female categories as well as categories for regular road bikes, time trial bikes and mountain bikes.
Registration and Category Information
- All ages and abilities and bikes are welcome. Grassroots time trials are great introductions to bike racing and YGR doesn't tolerate any jackassery so come race your bike in a competitive yet fun environment.
- Male and female categories include; Eddy Merckx (mass start legal bikes). Aero (anything goes). Kerkove Kategory (standard issue MTB w/ knobby tires). Full category descriptions can be found here: http://yourgroupride.com/index.php/local-races/double-damn-dams-time-trials/933-ygr-time-trail-category-descriptions-2
- Registration will open here: http://yourgroupride.com/index.php/local-races/double-damn-dams-time-trials/1438-2019-double-damn-dams-time-trial-registration
- Registration is online only and closes at 4pm on race day.
- The course takes place on the East side of Horsetooth Reservoir and is very hilly. Be sure to check the map because the finish is NOT the same as the start. 12 miles long.
- Course map: http://yourgroupride.com/index.php/local-races/double-damn-dams-time-trials/223-double-damn-dams-map
- The start is near the corner of Dixon Canyon Rd and Overland Trail (Near Hughes Stadium).
- Google Maps Image: https://goo.gl/maps/xvhoxSGunyy
- The turnaround is about 100 yards South of Bingham Hill Road on Centennial.
- Google Images map: https://goo.gl/maps/8yR9qZ72E7o
- The finish is at the crest of the Stadium Hill Climb, at the mailboxes.
- Google Maps Image: https://goo.gl/maps/HgBLbxxL23n
- It is your responsibility to know where the start, turnaround and finish are. There may not be a volunteer at the turnaround.
- Results can be found here shortly after each race: http://bit.ly/18yhk7A
- First rider off at 5:30. Start order announced at the start line on race day.
- There is a new digital waiver for 2019 be sure to read it and agree to it.
- YGR will provide a number or you can bring your own. Try to use the same number every week if possible.
- Thursdays Aug 1st 8th 22nd 29th (no race on the 15th)
- The YGR car will be at the start and will be able to transport your belongings (lights, jackets, bottles, saddlebags etc...) from the start to the finish.
- Email info(@)yourgroupride with questions.
- Please be respectful of other road users and landowners along the course. Please don't draft or pass any cars on the descents. Please don't cut off cars at the turnaround. Wait to make the U-turn if you have to. It wouldn't take very many complaints from local residents and motorists to shut us down and it wouldn't take getting hit by very many cars to get you dead.
- If you have an issue with a car, I am happy to deduct a reasonable amount of time from your race to make up for it.