The 2017 Horsetooth Time Trial Series is go for launch. The county went ahead and repaved the entire course for us last year so I'm expecting some fast times this season. The course is 14.35 miles of some of the best roads around. This particular series was originally designed to help those preparing for the Tour of Gila way back in 2009.
The Horsetooth Time Trial Series pb Backcountry Delicatessen will take place on all Tuesdays in April- 4th, 11th 18th 25th and May 4th . Registration will open here, on YGR, the Monday before each race and will close at 4pm on race day. The cost is $10.00 for your most, $5.00 for college kids and the unemployed. Juniors race free.
LAST RACE WILL BE HELD ON MAY4th!
Registration and Category Information
- All ages and abilities and bikes are welcome. Grassroots time trials are great introductions to bike racing and YGR doesn't tolerate any jackassery so come race your bike in a competitive yet fun environment.
- Male and female categories include; Eddy Merckx (Mass start legal bikes). Aero (anything goes). Kerkove Kategory (standard issue MTB w/ knobby tires). Full category descriptions can be found here: https://goo.gl/F8vUT2
- Registration will open here on April 4th. http://yourgroupride.com/index.php/local-races/horsetooth-time-trial-series
- Registration is online only and closes at 4pm on race day.
- The course is a very hilly 14.35 mile out and back.
- Course map: http://bit.ly/18yhbRD
- The start is just West of the intersection of Harmony Road and Taft Hill Road. West of JJ's Gas Station. Google Maps Image: https://goo.gl/maps/WFogk8Sy3yo
- The turnaround is at the entrance to the Buckhorn Ranch subdivision. Google Maps Image: https://goo.gl/maps/p8r2XZSagMw
- The finish is just west of the Horsetooth Mountain Park. You will ride right past it on your way out. Google Maps Image: https://goo.gl/maps/rwG23q6BsWL2
- It is your responsibility to know where the start, turnaround and finish are. There might not be a volunteer at the turn around every week.
- Results can be found here shortly after each race: http://bit.ly/18yhk7A
- First rider off at 5:30. Start order announced at the start line on race day.
- You only need to sign one waiver for the whole series. Print it here before and save yourself sometime. Waivers are also available at the start.
- YGR will provide a number or you can bring your own. Try to use the same number every week if possible.
- Tuesdays in April- 4th, 11th 18th, 25th and May 4th.
- The YGR car will be at the start and will be able to transport warm clothing from the start to the finish.
- Bike lights are encouraged for the ride home. Feel free to toss them in the YGR car when you're racing because they're soooooo heavy and unaero.
- Email info(@)yourgroupride with questions.
- Please be respectful of other road users and landowners along the course. It wouldn't take very many complaints from local residents and motorists to shut us down. One of the land owners near the finish line is particularly unimpressed with us so it's imperative that we conduct ourselves in a positive manner.
- Please don't pee on anything at the start or finish.
- Don't draft or pass cars on the descents even if they're slowing you down. If you have an issue I am happy to deduct a reasonable amount of time from your race to make up for it.
- Ride as far to the right as you feel safe. You are not however required to ride in the gutter on the descents. Take the lane if you feel safer doing so.
- Don't flip a U Turn in front of cars at the turn around. Again, I am happy to deduct a reasonable amount of time from your race if you get delayed.
- Don't hangout on the shoulder at the finish line. Even worse, don't hang out on BOTH shoulders at the finish line. It freaks drivers out something fierce when they come around that curve to find people standing all over the place. I don't mean to be a creep but please get your stuff and get rolling.