The 2017 Taft Hill Time Trial Series is ready to roll for June. We're pumped to be stoked to announce new categories for the series. In addition to the Aero, Eddy Merckx and Kerkove categories, we'll have two person Eddy Merckx Team Time Trials- men only and women only teams. Might do co-ed if there's interest. We also plan to again have a Zagster category during at least one of the races during the series.
The Taft Hill Time Trial Series pb Backcountry Delicatessen will take place on Thursdays June 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th . Registration will open here, on YGR, the Thursday before each race and will close at 4pm on race day. The cost is $10.00 for your most, $5.00 for college kids and the unemployed. Juniors race free.
What is the Taft Hill Time Trial Series?
The THTT is a low cost, mid week, grassroots, road time trial series that takes place in June each year. The THTTs are great for those planning to race the State Time Trial Championships at the end of June. It's a classic TT course, a mostly flat out and back with some gentle rollers, a roundabout at the turnaround and a power climb to the finish. The weather for this series is always crazy for some reason; heat, rain, hail, wind, smoke, lightning, you name it, we've had it. Races cost $10.00 and are open to riders of all ages and abilities. We have male and female categories as well as categories for regular road bikes, time trial bikes and mountain bikes.
Registration and Category Information
- All ages and abilities and bikes are welcome. Grassroots time trials are great introductions to bike racing and YGR doesn't tolerate any jackassery so come race your bike in a competitive yet fun environment.
- Male and female categories include; Two man Eddy Merckx team, Two woman Eddy Merckx team (two people start together, timer stops when the 2nd rider crosses the line), Eddy Merckx (mass start legal bikes). Aero (anything goes). Kerkove Kategory (standard issue MTB w/ knobby tires). Full category descriptions can be found here: https://goo.gl/F8vUT2
- Registration will open here on June 7th.
- Registration is online only and closes at 4pm on race day.
- The course is a mostly flat, mostly out and back. Be sure to check the map because the finish is NOT the same as the start. 16.76 miles long.
- Course map: https://goo.gl/nXtZRl
- The start is just where Highway 287 crosses over Taft Hill Road, North of Fort Collins. We meet under the overpass.
- Google Maps Image: https://goo.gl/maps/bsq4boSCPFF2
- The turnaround is at the roundabout at the intersection of Taft Hill Road and Owl Canyon Road. Google Maps Image (trust me, there's a roundabout there now): https://goo.gl/maps/g1j4zk14rN12
- The finish is at the crest of the cement plant climb. Google Maps Image: https://goo.gl/maps/AphGHkmWjV42
- It is your responsibility to know where the start, turnaround and finish are. There will not be a volunteer at the turnaround.
- Results can be found here shortly after each race: http://bit.ly/18yhk7A
- First rider off at 5:30. Start order announced at the start line on race day.
- You only need to sign one waiver for the whole series. Print it here before and save yourself sometime. Waivers are also available at the start.
- YGR will provide a number or you can bring your own. Try to use the same number every week if possible.
- Thursdays June 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th.
- The YGR car will be at the start and will be able to transport your belongings (lights, jackets, bottles, saddlebags etc...) from the start to the finish.
- Email info(@)yourgroupride with questions.
- Please be respectful of other road users and landowners along the course. It wouldn't take very many complaints from local residents and motorists to shut us down. A couple of the land owners near the start line are particularly unimpressed with us so it's imperative that we conduct ourselves in a positive manner. On this course es specially, don't park or pee anywhere near the start line! Plenty of parking at the finish. You can also park on Cache La Poudre Drive if you must drive out https://goo.gl/maps/xiSsDMpXxzk. Please tell friends and family not to park or hangout at the start. For real, the old Marine out there doesn't like us.
- If you have an issue with a car, I am happy to deduct a reasonable amount of time from your race to make up for it.