The Four Seasons of Horsetooth MTB Stage Race begins this weekend. The weather is looking ideal for the first weekend of this inaugural event. Here is all the information you need to take an early lead and claim bragging rights.
Strava link: http://www.strava.com/activities/184781101
Route cue sheet: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2cjEweESc9pME1PMlFsY1FtLW8/edit
Saturday, October 4 at 12:00pm - 2:00pm
Bean Cycle Roasters
144 N College Ave, Fort Collins, Colorado 80524
The ever popular Fort Collins Bike Show is returning for 2014. Feel free to enter your bicycle, vote for your favorite or just enjoy the atmasphere. Categories include single speed, handbuilt, vintage, franknbike, and more. Prizes will be awareded to the winners.
More info here: https://www.facebook.com/events/602397126535580/?ref=br_tf
The final DDDTT pb Backcountry Delicatessen that was scheduled for tonight has been canceled due to weather. If you've already registered, I'll refund you via PayPal.
Chris Johnson interviews Fort Collins' own Peter Discoe of Swobo and Logan VonBokel of VeloNews at 2014 Interbike.
Here's what they had to say. Stay tuned for more interviews by CJ as he cruises the grounds.
Peter Discoe of Swobo
Logan VonBokel of VeloNews. Logan finished 4th in the Wheelers & Dealers 'Media' race at CrossVegas.
Alright moms and dads, here are 15 signs that it's probably ok for you to start racing with the Masters. Stop denying it and embrace it.
1) You raced with burp-up on your jersey or baselayer.
2) You plan your race schedule around the U5 soccer schedule.
3) You've completed a training ride with a kid trailer attached to your race bike.
4) You've made a family vacation out of a travel race weekend.
5) Your kid has had one of your energy bars for breakfast.
6) You've picked a race solely on how well the kids will be entertained at the venue.
7) You've used your kid's bottle scrubber for your bottle.
8) You've ground your pre-race coffee beans in the laundry room as to not wake the baby.
9) You've used diaper cream as chamois cream.
10) You've hired a babysitter so you could go for a training ride.
11) You've told your riding buddies that you needed to go potty.
12) You've considered organizing group rides for cyclists with trailers.
13) You give your wife a high five as you tag in for parental duty and she tags out for her workout.
14) You've cleaned up after a race with baby wipes.
15) When looking at results, you primarily compare yourself to other racers with kids.