The final DDDTT pb Backcountry Delicatessen that was scheduled for tonight has been canceled due to weather. If you've already registered, I'll refund you via PayPal.
Chris Johnson interviews Fort Collins' own Peter Discoe of Swobo and Logan VonBokel of VeloNews at 2014 Interbike.
Here's what they had to say. Stay tuned for more interviews by CJ as he cruises the grounds.
Peter Discoe of Swobo
Logan VonBokel of VeloNews. Logan finished 4th in the Wheelers & Dealers 'Media' race at CrossVegas.
Alright moms and dads, here are 15 signs that it's probably ok for you to start racing with the Masters. Stop denying it and embrace it.
1) You raced with burp-up on your jersey or baselayer.
2) You plan your race schedule around the U5 soccer schedule.
3) You've completed a training ride with a kid trailer attached to your race bike.
4) You've made a family vacation out of a travel race weekend.
5) Your kid has had one of your energy bars for breakfast.
6) You've picked a race solely on how well the kids will be entertained at the venue.
7) You've used your kid's bottle scrubber for your bottle.
8) You've ground your pre-race coffee beans in the laundry room as to not wake the baby.
9) You've used diaper cream as chamois cream.
10) You've hired a babysitter so you could go for a training ride.
11) You've told your riding buddies that you needed to go potty.
12) You've considered organizing group rides for cyclists with trailers.
13) You give your wife a high five as you tag in for parental duty and she tags out for her workout.
14) You've cleaned up after a race with baby wipes.
15) When looking at results, you primarily compare yourself to other racers with kids.
Via the Overland Mountain Bike Club
Got Kids? Ready for some late summer fun? It's Take a Kid Mountain Biking day at Lory State Park! Come join the fun as we travel the trails with our young bikers. They'll learn mountain biking skills and trail etiquette, get a little swag, and tuck away some great memories. Parents are welcome to ride with the kids or cheer them on from the sidelines. No kids? Volunteer to help out! We need ride leaders, photographers, folks to check in kids, set up and clean up, and aid station help.
The event is Saturday, September 13th from 9:00am to 1:00pm. Meet at the Soldier Canyon and be ready to ride! Look here for information and registration.
Or, volunteer here! It's pretty short notice so don't wait... let us know today that you'll be there!